Written by: Jorinde Berben
Image credit: pexels.com
Today’s post is a quickie because it’s late, and I’m tired, and my son won’t go to sleep because he’s afraid to be alone, so I’m sitting on his bed typing this out…
Today, I want to share some quotes with you, words of others that help inspire me when things get rough. A great quote at the right moment has given me consolation, strength, endurance and hope.
So without further ado, here goes:
1. “Sorrow prepares you for joy. It violently sweeps everything out of your house, so that new joy can find space to enter. It shakes the yellow leaves from the bough of your heart, so that fresh, green leaves can grow in their place. It pulls up the rotten roots, so that new roots hidden beneath have room to grow. Whatever sorrow shakes from your heart, far better things will take their place.”Mawlana Jalal-al-Din Rumi
2. Difficulties strengthen the mind, as labor does the body. (Seneca)
3. “The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.”
– Dolly Parton
5. “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” — Martin Luther King, Jr.
6. “No mud, no lotus.”Thich Nhat Hanh
9. “Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influence of the earth.”
Henry David Thoreau
I hope these words can inspire you, too and wish you a happy new week!